Wolves at the Gate is a metalcore band that was based out of Cedarville, Ohio in the United States. The band began in 2008, formed by Guitarist/Vocalist Steve Cobucci.
The band began in 2008 out of Cedarville, Ohio in the United States, with the lineup of Steve Cobucci on Guitars and Clean Vocals, Colin Jones on Unclean Vocals, Jeremy Steckel on Guitars, Ben Summers on Bass, and Ryan Connelly on Drums. Connelly's stint with the band was shortlived, with Dave Nester taking over the position. Throughout the years, the band recorded several EPs, including Prisoner of War, Pulled from the Deep, and We Are the Ones. However, in 2011, the band officially signed to Solid State Records, who re-released We Are the Ones.
By 2012, Steckel, Jones, and Nester all departed from the band with Nick Detty filling in the Unclean Vocal position and Nester's position was filled by Ben Millhouse. Steckel's position was left unfilled with Cobucci taking Lead and Rhythm Guitars. However, before he departed, he also recorded on the band's debut album, Captors, which was released that year. A cover EP was released the next year, covering Thursday, Thrice, Blindside, and The Receiving End of Sirens. Following the release, Millhouse departed from the band, eventually going on to join Decyfer Down. Dylan Baxter joined on following his departure and the band began to write their sophomore album. In 2014, the band released their sophomore album, VxV, which was considered their biggest release. Baxter departed in 2015, with The Overseer Drummer Abishai Collingsworth taking over the status of Wolves' Drummer.
Types & Shadows, the band's third album, on November 4, 2016, which was released on Solid State and debuted Collingsworth as a member of the band. Three years later, the band announced Eclipse which is set to release on July 26, 2019.
- Nick Detty - Unclean Vocals, Piano (2012-present)
- Steve Cobucci - Guitars, Clean Vocals (2008-present)
- Ben Summers - Bass (2008-present)
- Abishai Collingsworth - Drums (2015-present)
- Colin Jones - Unclean Vocals (2008-2011)
- Jeremy Steckel - Guitars (2008-2012)
- Ryan Connelly - Drums (2008)
- Dave Nester - Drums (2008-2011)
- Ben Millhouse - Drums (2012-2013)
- Dylan Baxter - Drums (2013-2015)
- Captors (2012)
- VxV (2014)
- Types & Shadows (2016)
- Eclipse (2019)
- Prisoner of War (2009)
- Pulled from the Deep (2010)
- We Are the Ones (2011)
- Back to School (2013)
- Reprise (2015)
- ↑ Kraus, Brian (September 14, 2011). "Wolves At The Gate sign to Solid State Records releasing debut EP." Alternative Press. Retrieved on May 20, 2019.
- ↑ "Wolves At The Gate - Captors". Discogs. Retrieved on May 20, 2019.
- ↑ Lambert, Aaron (October 18, 2013). "Wolves At The Gate, "Back To School" EP". Jesus Freak Hideout. Retrieved on May 20, 2019.
- ↑ "About". Ben Millhouse. Retrieved on May 20, 2019.
- ↑ B, Brody (June 26, 2015). "Interview: Stephen Cobucci of Wolves At The Gate". Indie Vision Music. Retrieved on May 20, 2019.
- ↑ Wookubus. "Wolves at the Gate's New Album "Eclipse" Due in July". Theprp. Retrieved on May 20, 2019.