|Vials of Wrath|
Princeton, West Virginia, United States
Black metal, Death metal, Ambient black metal
Bloodline Severed, Blood Thirsty, Eternal Descent
Dempsey "DC" Mills
Vials of Wrath is an unblack metal project formed out of Princeton, West Virginia in the United States. The project, formed by Dempsey "DC" Mills, formed in 2011, following his departure from Bloodline Severed. The project has released two studio albums, four EPs, two split EPs, two demos and has recorded a third studio album.
Vials of Wrath began in 2011, formed by Dempsey "DC" Mills, who had recently departed from Bloodline Severed at the time. The band began performing black metal and death metal styled music. The project was formed after Mills departed from Bloodline Severed to focus on his full-time job. The name is derived from Revelation 16;
"Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth."The project debuted that year with the release of his self-titled EP, which was released through Unblack Metal Scene Records. Following the EP's release, the tracks were all featured on a split EP with Warfrozen, which was also released through Unblack Metal Scene. In 2013, the project's debut album, Seeking Refuge, was released independently. That same year, the band followed up with two demos - Empty Words and Vengeance is Mine - and an EP titled Let There Be Light.
In 2015, the project released their sophomore album, Days Without Names. The release featured guest spots from Derek Corzine (ex-Bloodline Severed, Blood Thirsty) and Aaron Macemore (Bloodline Severed) on Guitars and R. Michael Cook on Drums (A Hill to Die Upon). In 2017, the band released a split EP alongside Consuming Fire through Martyrdom Records.
In 2018, the band recorded and released two new EPs titled Ataraxia and The Ways of Old, both of which were independently released. Later that year, Vials of Wrath announced their newest album, Dark Winter Memories, which would be coming through Flowing Downward and Avantgarde Music.
|Instrument||Years active||Other projects|
|Dempsey "DC" Mills||Everything||2011-present||Bloodline Severed, Eternal Descent|
|Derek Corzine||Guitars||2015||Bloodline Severed, Blood Thirsty, Aletheian, Quester, Solarian, Whisper from Heaven, Syringe, Cosÿns|
|Aaron Macemore||Vocals||2015||Bloodline Severed|
|R. Michael Cook||Drums||2015||A Hill to Die Upon, Hortor, The Comancheros, Jase Ryan|
- Seeking Refuge (2013)
- Days Without Names (2015)
- Dark Winter Memories (2019)
- Vials of Wrath (2011)
- Let There Be Light (2013)
- Ataraxia (2018)
- The Ways of Old (2018)
- Vials of Wrath/Frozen War (2011; w/ Frozen War)
- Consuming Fire/Vials of Wrath (2017; w/ Consuming Fire)
- Empty Words (2013)
- Vengeance is Mine (2013)
- Hymns of the Blackest Light, Vol. 1 (2017)
- Metal From the Dragon (Vol. 1) (2017)
- Hymns of the Blackest Light, Vol. 2 (2018)
- ↑ Versaw, Larry (March 20, 2011). "Vials of Wrath - Interview". Untombed Zine. Retrieved on December 12, 2018.
- ↑ "Interview: Vials of Wrath". Metal Pulse Radio. Retrieved on December 12, 2018.
- ↑ wojty666 (April 18, 2011). "Vials of Wrath - Vials of Wrath". Encyclopedia Metallum. Retrieved on December 12, 2018.
- ↑ Tueur (April 22, 2011). "Vials of Wrath / Warfrozen - Vials of Wrath / Warfrozen". Encyclopedia Metallum. Retrieved on December 12, 2018.
- ↑ Apophis2036 (April 6, 2011). "Vials of Wrath". Encyclopedia Metallum. Retrieved on December 12, 2018.
- ↑ Turner, Logan. "Vials of Wrath - Days Without Names". HM Magazine. Retrieved on December 12, 2018.
- ↑ Beard, Mason (November 29, 2018). "Vials of Wrath signs with Avantgarde Music and Flowing Downward". The Metal Onslaught. Retrieved on December 13, 2018.