The Beckoning was a progressive metal band that began out of Edmonton, Alberta in Canada. The band began in 2010 but disbanded in 2018, after releasing a demo, a studio album, three EPs and a single. The band was last signed to Nosral Recordings.
The Beckoning began in 2010 out of Canada by husband and wife, Royden "Roy" Turple and Meghann Turple, handling Drums and Vocals and Keyboards respectively. The two hired on Andy Stevens and Tim Davidson on Guitars and Bass for the band's demo, Bloodlet, which came out that year. Davidson and Stevens were let go once the demo was recorded and released in December that year. The band then hired on Eldon Loewen and the three went on to then record the band's debut album, Demystifying the Oracle, which came out in 2011.
The three continued on, recording an EP titled War, which came out in 2012. In 2014, the band recorded a follow-up EP, Desolate, which featured two songs that were 9-minutes each. In 2017, the band announced they had signed with Nosral Recordings, a new label formed by Mike Larson of Frost Like Ashes. They announced they would be re-releasing War and Desolate through the label. The Desolation of War came out on December 29, 2017. The band announced that they would disband in 2018, however, not before releasing a final track. On October 14, 2018, the band released "Symphony of the Apocalypse".
Last Known Lineup
- Royden "Roy" Turple - Vocals, Drums (2010-2018)
- Meghann Turple - Keyboards, Vocals (2010-2018)
- Eldon Loewen - Guitars, Bass (2011-2018)
- Andy Stevens - Guitars (2010-2011)
- Tim Davidson - Bass (2010-2011)
- Demystifying the Oracle (2011)
- War (2012)
- Desolate (2014)
- The Desolation of War (2017)
- Bloodlet (2010)
- "Symphony of the Apocalypse" (2018)
- The Killing Fields (2011)
- Metal From The Dragon (Vol. 1) (2017)
- Nosral Sampler #1 (2017)
- ↑ Thrasher777 (February 9, 2012). "The Beckoning - Demystifying the Oracle". The Metal Resource. Retrieved on November 8, 2018.
- ↑ Ruff, Steve (February 2012). "The Beckoning - Demystifying the Oracle". Down The Line Magazine. Retrieved on November 8, 2018.
- ↑ Crosslin, Matt (July 2012). "The Beckoning - War". Down The Line Magazine. Retrieved on November 8, 2018.
- ↑ Crosslin, Matt (February 2015). "The Beckoning - Desolate". Down The Line Magazine. Retrieved on November 8, 2018.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Beard, Mason (October 19, 2017). "The Beckoning Signs to Nosral Recordings". Indie Vision Music. Retrieved on November 8, 2018.
- ↑ thrashboy (November 16, 2017). "Progressive Extreme Metal Band 'The Beckoning' Drops First Single 'The Desolation Of War' from Upcoming Album". The Metal Resource. Retrieved on November 8, 2018.
- ↑ Beard, Mason (April 23, 2018). "The Beckoning has been laid to rest". The Metal Onslaught. Retrieved on November 8, 2018.
- ↑ Harp, Loyd (October 18, 2018). "The Beckoning Post New 10-Minute Song for Streaming". Indie Vision Music. Retrieved on November 8, 2018.