Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Metalcore, Southern metal, Sludge metal
Terrible Things, Gypsy and His Band of Ghosts, Haste the Day, Demise of Eros, The Devil Wears Prada, God Alone, Age of Distrust, Lunarium, Gwen Stacy, Speedgod
Once Nothing is a southern metal band that began out of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in the United States. The band formed in 2000, with the lineup of Todd Lowry on Vocals, Ryan Carroll on Guitars, David Burkes on Bass, and Kevin Hough on Drums. The band released five EPs, a compilation, and a full-length. The band disbanded on February 8, 2009, and reunited on May 24, 2012, and have continued onward since, as an independent act.
Once Nothing began in 2000, with the lineup of Todd Lowry on Vocals, Ryan Carroll on Guitars, David Burkes on Bass, and Kevin Hough on Drums. The four would hire on Josh Branas on Guitars in 2002, and record an EP, titled And the Blood of the Wicked Shall Flow Like a River. Two years, later, in 2005, the band followed up with their sophomore EP, A Reckoning. In 2005, Hough and Carroll departed from the band. Burkes took over Guitars for Carroll, while Steve Lucarelli joined on Bass and Giuseppe Capolupo, formerly of Demise of Eros, joined on Drums.
In 2006, the band recorded a third EP, with their new lineup, titled Voice of the Paragon, which set the band up with CI Records, a local label in Pennsylvania, who had once held August Burns Red, Texas in July, and Auburn. 2007 followed up with Earthmover, the band's first release through a label. On January 15, 2008, the band released their debut album, First Came the Law through Solid State Records, a label that had hosted August Burns Red, Living Sacrifice, Zao, and Becoming the Archetype. In August 2008, Branas announced his departure from the band, with Jordan Tomb taking over Guitars. Lucarelli and Capolupo departed from the band as well, which led Lowry to set a final show on April 5th, with a lineup of Lowry, Burkes, Branas, Lucarelli, Capolupo, Tomb, with Carroll and Hough on "How to Build a Sandcastle". On May 29 and 30, 2010, the band reunited for two local shows. On May 24, 2012, the band announced an official reunion. The following year, the band released The Indiana Sessions, independently. The band followed up with a seeming hiatus until 2016, when they came back and performed more shows. They once again embarked into another hiatus following the shows.
- Todd Lowry - Vocals (2000-2009, 2012-present)
- David Burkes - Bass (2000-2005), Guitars (2005-2007, 2012-present)
- Josh Branas - Guitars (2002-2008, 2012-present)
- Steve Lucarelli - Bass (2005-2008, 2012-present)
- Giuseppe Antonio Caplupo - Drums (2005-2008, 2012-present)
- Ryan Carroll - Guitars (2000-2005)
- Geoff Jenkins - Guitars, Backing Vocals (2007-2009)
- Jordan Tomb - Guitars (2008-2009)
- Kevin Hough - Drums (2000-2005)
- First Came the Law (2008)
- And the Blood of the Wicked Shall Flow Like a River (2003)
- A Reckoning (2005)
- Voice of the Paragon (2006)
- Earthmover (2007)
- The Indiana Sessions (2013)
- This City is Surrounded (2003-2006) (2006)