Mantric is a progressive and post-metal band that originated in Olso, Norway in Europe. The band formed in 2007, after the disbanding of Extol, when former members Tor Magne Glidje, John Robert Mjåland, Ole Halvard Sveen, and David Husvik began working on new material, alongside Benea Reach's Anders Lidal.
When the last remaining founding members of Extol, Vocalist Peter Espevoll and Drummer David Husvik, decided to end the band in 2007, the remaining members, John Mjaaland, Tor Glidje, Ole Sveen, who had previously played together in Lengsel and Ganglion, decided to continue the already in-progress songwriting process and change the name of the band to Mantric. Husvik was also a part of the first lineup but eventually left.
The band was signed to Prosthetic Records and released their debut album, The Descent in 2010. The album has received generally positive reviews including 8 out of 10 scores from both Metal Hammer and Decibel. Mantric has since played a handful of shows and festivals in Europe and are currently demoing material for their next album. In 2015, the band released a new song and announced two releases, an EP and a Studio album. In 2015, the band released their sophomore album entitled, Sin, which was well received. The album was said to be of various sounds, mainly progressive metal, but also post-metal, death metal, and black metal.
- Ole Halvard Sveen - Vocals, Lead Guitars, Violin, Mandolin, Squeezebox (2007-present)
- Tor Magne Glidje - Rhythm Guitars, Percussion, Vocals (2007-present)
- John Robert Mjåland - Bass, Vocals (2007-present)
- Anders Lidal - Keyboards, Soundscapes (2007-present)
- Martin Silverstein - Guitars
- David Husvik - Drums (2007-2009, 2011-present)
- Kim Akerholdt - Drums (2009-2011)
- The Descent (2010)
- Sin (2015)
- Die Old (2015)