|Hand of Fire|
Concord, California, United States
Bore, Perpetual Paranoia, Vengeance Rising, Once Dead, Tantrum of the Muse, Godman, Slag, Intercessor, Throne of Awful Splendor, Underoath, Bomb and Scary, Something Left Unsaid, Churchfield, Symmetry Point, Jungle Rot, Testament, Through the Clouds, Testament, Trauma, HavocHate, Fallen Trinity, Wreck-Defy, Legacy, Meshiaak, ataklysm, Treasonist, Thanatopsis, Where Lovers Rot, Seized of Darkness, Velaraas, Zorakarer, Arkaik, Mortal Plague, Beyond the Red Horizon, Nocturnal Plague, Zero Divide
Hand of Fire is a thrash metal band that began in 2015 out of Concord, California in the United States. The band, however, began as a project in 2010, from California and Florida in the United States, being fronted by Jim Settle (ex-Tantrum of the Muse) on Vocals and Corey Steger (ex-Underoath) on Guitars.
In 2015, the project made a transition from project to band, with Steger departing from the band, and all members of Bore, a side-project of Settle's joined the band, including Guitarist Tiago James de Souza, Bassist Tom Eaton and Drummer Bill Davies.
Hand of Fire began in 2010, as a side-project of Jim Settle, formerly of Tantrum of the Muse, and Corey Steger, formerly of Underoath. Stephen Mark Sarro, also formerly of Tantrum, was a part of the project as well on Bass.
However, in 2015, Sarro and Steger were no longer a part of the project, and the project became a full-fledged band. Settle hired his former band mates in Bore, an industrial/thrash metal project, to join. The lineup included Tiago James de Souza on Guitars, Tom Eaton on Bass and Bill Davies on Drums.
Following their induction, the band began to work on material, starting with a demo, titled Let the Killings Begin, which featured "Let the Killings Begin" and "Burn It Down". At this time, the band had signed with Fort Wayne, Indiana based label, Rottweiler Records. "Let the Killings Begin" was a hit in the metal industry. Following the demos release, the band began to write and record a full-length album. However, alongside the album, the band recorded a Christmas song, "Deck the Angels", for Rottweiler Records' annual Christmas album.
In 2017, the label and the band teased their new release, which was set to be titled as Let the Killings Begin, similar to their demo. However, later it was revealed that the album was titled Nuclear Sunrise. The album was released on November 17, 2017 and received very positive reviews.
On August 24, 2016, the band released a new track, titled "World of Deception", which was released through The Covenant Metal Show on Reanimated Radio that night, as well as Settle's show with former Testament Bassist Greg Christian. The band also announced the track was the title of their upcoming sophomore album. On September 16, 2018, the band announced that they were looking for a new additional Guitarist for Rhythm and Lead when needed. On October 6, 2018, Bassist Tom Eaton announced his departure from the band.
- Jim Settle - Vocals (2010-present)
- Tiago James de Souza - Lead Guitar (2015-present), Rhythm Guitar (2015, 2016-present)
- Marcel Eaton - Bass (2019-present)
- Bill Davies - Drums (2015-2019, 2019-present)
- Corey Steger - Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar (2010-2015)
- Michael J. Gardner - Rhythm Guitar (2015-2016)
- Stephen Mark Sarro - Bass (2012-2015)
- Tom Eaton - Bass (2015-2018)
- Greg Christian - Bass (2019)
- Jason Borton - Drums (2019)
- Nuclear Sunrise (2017)
- World of Deception (TBA)
- Let the Killings Begin (2016)
- "Let the Killings Begin" (2016)
- "Deck the Angels" (2016)
- "The Prophecy" (2017)
- "World of Deception" (2018)
- ↑ Settle, Jim (September 19, 2016). "Interview: Hand of Fire". The Bearded Dragon Productions. Interview with Mace Beard. Retrieved on October 6, 2018.
- ↑ Settle, Jim (May 28, 2016). "5Q5A - Hand of Fire". Last Rites. Interview with Dave Pirtle. Retrieved on October 6, 2018.
- ↑ DarcyRumble (May 18, 2016). "Rottweiler Records releases teaser of new thrash signing Hand of Fire". Giants in the Sound. Retrieved on October 6, 2018.
- ↑ Beard, Mason (January 3, 2017). "Hand of Fire enters studio". Indie Vision Music. Retrieved on October 6, 2018.
- ↑ "Fleas Naughty Dog Vol. 4". Rottweiler Records. Retrieved on October 6, 2018.
- ↑ Beard, Mason (October 17, 2016). "Rottweiler Records Announce Release Date for Hand of Fire's "Let the Killings Begin"". Indie Vision Music. Retrieved on October 6, 2018.
- ↑ "Rottweiler Records Announces Cover, Tracklisting, and Preorder for Hand of Fire - Nuclear Sunrise". Heaven's Metal Magazine. September 27, 2017. Retrieved on October 6, 2018.
- ↑ "Read carefully please." Facebook. September 16, 2018. Retrieved on October 6, 2018.
- ↑ Eaton, Tom (October 6, 2018). "I decided to leave Hand of Fire". Facebook. Retrieved on October 6, 2018.
- ↑ Sullivan, Christian (March 10, 2019). "Change of Direction for Hand of Fire". The Metal Onslaught. Retrieved on January 2, 2020.