Bekkestua, Norway, Europe
Progressive metal, Death metal, Progressive death metal, Melodic death metal, Melodic metal, Extreme metal, Technical death metal
Fleshkiller is a progressive death metal project that originated in Bekkestua, Norway out of Europe. The project was formed by former Schaliach bandmates Ole Børud (Extol, Antestor) and Peter Dalbakk (Vardøger). The two hired on Umpfel Drummer Andreas Skorpe Sjøen and Tristania Bassist Ole Vistnes. However, Dalbakk departed from the band in 2017, with longtime A Hill to Die Upon and The Burial member Elisha Mullins joined the band as a Vocalist.
Fleshkiller originated as a new project of former Schaliach bandmates Ole Børud and Peter Dalbakk. The two had performed together, recording with a debut album and split release before parting ways, with Børud joining Extol and Dalbakk joining Vardøger. The two hired on Umpfel Drummer Andreas Skorpe Sjøen. The band would also add on Ole Vistnes of Shining and Tristania.
Dalbakk would sadly depart from the band after a year, to spend more time with family, announcing that Elisha Mullins (War of Ages, The Burial, A Hill to Die Upon) would take over the Vocalist position. Børud had gotten in contact with Mullins due to both of their time on Facedown Records. The band would then sign with Indie Recordings in Europe and Facedown Records in the United States. The band released three singles prior to the album - "Parallel Kingdom", "Warfare", and "Salt of the Earth". The band released Awaken on September 15, 2017 through Facedown and Indie Recordings.
- Elisha Mullins - Vocals, Guitars (2017-present)
- Ole Børud - Guitars, Vocals (2015-present)
- Ole Vistnes - Bass (2016-present)
- Andreas Skorpe Sjøen - Drums (2016-present)
- Peter Dalbakk - Vocals (2015-2017)
- Awaken (2017)
- "Parallel Kingdom" (2017)
- "Warfare" (2017)
- "Salt of the Earth" (2017)
- Beard, Mason (January 20, 2017). "Fleshkiller Announces New Vocalist". Indie Vision Music. Retrieved on July 15, 2019.
- thrashboy (February 12, 2016). "'Fleshkiller' a New Metal Project Feat. 'Ole Borud' of 'Extol' and 'Peter Dalbakk' of 'Vardøger'". The Metal Resource. Retrieved on July 15, 2019.
- "Fleshkiller". Facedown Records. Retrieved on July 15, 2019.
- Aaron (August 31, 2017). "Q&A: Ole Borud (EXTOL) On The Awakening Of FLESHKILLER". Metal Injection. Retrieved on July 15, 2019.
- Jones, Brandon (June 24, 2017). "Fleshkiller (Extol, The Burial) Join Facedown Records for North American Release of New Album". Indie Vision Music. Retrieved on July 15, 2019.
- Wookubus (June 21, 2017). "Fleshkiller (Extol) Signs With Facedown Records". Theprp. Retrieved on June 15, 2019.
- Jones, Brandon (June 30, 2017). "Fleshkiller - Parallel Kingdom". Indie Vision Music. Retrieved on July 15, 2019.
- Kennelty, Greg (August 19, 2017). "FLESHKILLER (EXTOL, SHINING) Brings Forth The Heavy, Aural "Warfare"". Metal Injection. Retrieved on July 15, 2019.
- Beard, Mason (September 1, 2017). "Fleshkiller - Salt of the Earth". Indie Vision Music. Retrieved on July 15, 2019.
- Beard, Mason (September 15, 2017). "Fleshkiller - Awaken". Indie Vision Music. Retrieved on July 15, 2019.