Sandston, Virginia, United States
Death metal, Thrash metal, Sludge metal, Hardcore punk, Experimental punk
Grace for the Fallen, God's Victorious Army, Conviction of Sin Suffer Hereafter, Pain Savior, Chris Heaven, WWII, Dio, Driven, Grijalva Brothers, Love/Hate, Rags, Swift Kick, Curly Fester and The Blues Quartet
The Warning (1983-1996)
Eightball Cholos, also stylized as 8 Ball Cholos, are a thrash metal, death metal, and sludge metal project that originated out of Sandston, Virginia in the United States. The band was created by David "Burrito" Villapondo of God's Victorious Army and Tracy G. of Dio.
Eightball Cholos began in 1983 as The Warning, who released three demos during their time, until 1996, when they changed their name. The band was created by David "Burrito" Villapondo of punk rock bands Conviction of Sin and God's Victorious Army and Tracy G. of Swift Kick and DIO. The Warning originated out of Azusa, California, but before changing their name, they moved to Sandston, Virginia.
The band released and recorded an album, titled Satan's Whore, which was considered an odd release. The album was released through Morphine Records. Around this time, the band seemingly disbanded. In 2000, the band was featured on two compilation albums.
In 2009, the band reunited with the same lineup, and began working on a new album, titled Church of Whores, which would feature Mark Salomon of Stavesacre and The Crucified as a guest vocalist. The album was set to be released through Open Grave Records. However, later on, the band announced an album titled ObamaChrist 666. The band was also featured on a compilation released by The Bearded Dragon Productions.
- David "Burrito" Villapondo - Vocals (1983-present)
- Tracy "G." Grijalva - Guitars, Bass, Drums (1983-present)
- Satan's Whore (1996)
- Church of Whores (unreleased)
- ObamaChrist 666 (unreleased)
- Ball One Strike Two (2000)
- We Are Scary Man (2000)
- Back in the Day: An Old School Album (2017)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Eightball Cholos - "Satan's Whore" (1996 Morphine Records)". Blogspot. Retrieved on September 30, 2019.
- ↑ "The Warning". Encyclopedia Metallum. Retrieved on September 30, 2019.
- ↑ "Eightball Cholos". Down the Line. Retrieved on September 30, 2019.
- ↑ "Eightball Cholos". Discogs. Retrieved on September 30, 2019.
- ↑ "Eightball Cholos Begins Work On New Album". Blabbermouth.net. September 23, 2009. Retrieved on September 30, 2019.
- ↑ "EIGHTBALL CHOLOS Reunites". BraveWords. September 23, 2009. Retrieved on September 30, 2019.
- ↑ "8 Ball Cholos - About". Facebook. Retrieved on September 30, 2019.
- ↑ thrashboy (August 16, 2018). "The Bearded Dragon Productions Presents "Back In the Day: An Old-School Album" (Name Your Price)". The Metal Resource. Retrieved on September 30, 2019.